Choosing a pillow top mattress is something you need to consider carefully. You’re going to spend a lot of time on the pillow top than just sleeping. Some of our best moments in life are spent sleeping. This is because you have nothing to worry, but in a world of sweet dreams in your comfortable bed. A comfortable sleeping experience is enhanced by a pillow top mattress which adds extra layers of comfort.
- The Best Bed Rest Pillow – Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers: 2019 Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Mattresses Under $1000 – Get The Best Night Sleep With These High-Quality Yet Affordable Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Massage Pillow for Kids 2019
- The Best Mattresses for Heavy People – Overview 2019
In this post, we are helping you find the best pillow top mattresses on the market. This is a comprehensive article with all the information you need to buy a pillow top mattress. You need to choose a comfortable, sturdy, and easy to use top mattress pillow get excellent value for money.
- Details About Pillow Top Mattresses
- Benefits of a pillow top mattress
- Features of the Most Comfortable Pillow Top Mattresses
- Popular Pillow Brands
- Buyer’s Guide to choosing the best pillow top mattresses
- Top 5 Pillow Top Mattresses To Consider Buying
Details About Pillow Top Mattresses
What exactly are pillow top mattresses? Just as the name suggests, pillow top mattresses are mattress tops that rest on top of the bedding. They are called pillows simply because they add an extra layer of comfort on top of your bedding. These mattress tops play a similar role to what pillow play. The only difference is that cover they stitch to the bedding and cover it fully.
Think of pillow top mattresses like adding a comfortable layer on your mattress. We refer to them as pillows because of the role they play and the materials used to make them. However, in terms of size, these tops are available in sizes that match with different mattress sizes. Most pillow top mattresses are available in latex, memory foam, fiber, and much more. They offer users a luxurious soft topper that is permanently attached to the mattress.
There is a lot of debate whether these tops are even necessary. Some people argue that these tops have no use, but that is not the case. These tops help create a tranquil and soothing sleeping environment. They can help the body get the best rest in the most comfortable position.
Benefits of a pillow top mattress
Pillow top mattresses provide users with plush comfort. This is by far the most crucial benefit where one feels like sleeping in a bed filled with soft pillows. Pillow top mattresses are quite comfortable and feature a varying degree of softness to firmness.
The pillows also help relieve stiffness and pain in muscles. This is simply because the pillows are softly padded and offer a contoured experienced around the back and shoulders. The pillows take away pressure points from your body as you sink into them.
You also get to benefit from these pillows when you have a sleep partner. There is less movement transmission when your partner moves around. The pillows feature a pocket coil design that helps restrict movement. You can be sure of sleeping soundly without thinking or feeling the movement of your sleeping partner.
Lastly, the pillow top mattresses are a great choice for front and side sleepers. The pillows offer excellent support for side and front sleeping with the top layer contouring around the body’s shape.
Features of the Most Comfortable Pillow Top Mattresses
While the most suitable pillow top mattress is dependent on your specific needs and preferences, there are basic features to consider. These features are what determine a quality pillow top mattress. They include the following:
- High-quality materials: You need to choose a pillow with high-quality fillings for comfort and durability. Make sure you consider top mattresses filled with latex, memory foam, gel foam, or a mixture of these materials. Some of the poor materials to avoid include the polyester filled pillow top. The materials used to fill pillow top mattresses determine their durability and comfort levels.
- Firmness level: Pillow top mattresses come with varying level of firmness. Depending on your sleeping position and preference, make sure you choose the right amount of firmness.
- Decent loft: Loft is a common term among mattress manufacturers to describe the level of thickness of mattresses? How thick is your pillow top mattress? Make sure you choose pillow top with a good level of loft for excellent support and comfort
- Construction: You also need to look at the construction of these pillows to ensure they are free of any toxic chemicals. Make sure you choose top pillows with organic or chemical-free covers.
- Breathability: Lastly, the ideal pillow top mattress needs to be breathable to allow for excellent ventilation. Such tops prevent sweating and allow air movement for comfortable night sleep.
Popular Pillow Brands
Buying your pillow top mattresses from leading brands in the industry is highly recommended. This is because such brands guarantee the quality, comfort, and good value for money. Some of the leading pillow top mattress brands in the industry include:
- Sleep Better
- Xtreme Comfort
- Snuggle Pedic
- Coop Home Goods
Buyer’s Guide to choosing the best pillow top mattresses
There are several features one needs to consider before buying a pillow top mattress. These features include the firmness, material, size, loft, price, and warranty.
Pillow top mattresses come in a wide range of materials. They range from memory foam, latex, innerspring system, and a combination of materials. The material used to make the mattresses determines their quality and durability.
Natural latex is by far one of the best material s to consider buying. It is extremely comfortable and helps relieve pressure points. We also have the memory foam which contours to the body shape. Low-quality materials include polyester, which offers poor comfort levels.
Pillow top mattresses offer plush comfort, but the firmness of the mattresses usually differs. This variation in firmness is a crucial feature when looking for a pillow top mattress. Side sleepers are advised to choose soft firmness so that they can sink into the mattress when sleeping.
Back and front sleepers require a little firmer mattress to suit their sleeping position. The good news is that most manufacturers make medium firmness mattresses. Such types of mattresses allow one to sleep in different positions with ease.
This one is pretty obvious as one must choose a pillow top mattress that matches their mattress size. The same way you considered your bed size when choosing a mattress; make sure you consider the bedding size. Pillow top mattresses are available in different sizes to match the small, medium, King, and Queen Beds.
The loft is basically the thickness of the pillow top mattresses. The ideal choice mattress will again depend on your sleeping position. There are low, medium, and high thickness mattress levels on the market. A medium loft pillow top mattress is soft and makes a perfect choice for side sleepers. Heavy persons weighing from 230 pounds are recommended low loft mattresses.
You need to set a specific budget and stick to it. If you have to pay a premium price for a pillow top mattress, then it should come with excellent features to make it worth the price.
Lastly, you need to consider the warranty options and choose pillow top mattresses with excellent warranties. Ideally, you need a mattress with at least 10 years warranty. However, some brands offer up to 25 years of warranty options.
Top 5 Pillow Top Mattresses To Consider Buying
1. Modway AMZ-5770-WHI Jenna 10” Queen Inner Spring Mattress
This is our first choice pillow top mattress to help you sleep soundly. It is an extremely comfortable pillow top that helps reduce, neck, back, shoulders, and hip pressures. The mattress top features individually wrapped coil pockets for extreme comfort levels. It is a premium quality mattress top that absorbs motion and helps reduce bounce. This is a perfect choice pillow top for sleeping partners. Partners with different schedules can sleep soundly without disturbing each other.
Overall, this is a quality mattress topper with a fire-resistant polyester barrier. The pillow top mattress is pretty easy to set up and easily expands in 24 hours. It features a 1-inch responsive foam, 8.5-inch tall wrapped coils, and 0.9-inch convoluted foam.
- Absorbs motion for a limited bounce
- Reduces pressure on hips, neck, back, and shoulders
- Easy setup
- Features a fire-resistant polyester
- Faint smells that disappear with time
2. Pillowtop Mattress Pad with Fitted Skirt
This is a large size pillow top mattress measuring 60 by 80 inches to fit up to 18 inches deep mattress. It is a great design pillow top mattress with a soft poly cover. The pillow features unique polyester fiber clusters for extreme comfort and relaxation. It also comes with a polyester/cotton backing construction for optimal comfort. This is an excellent top pillow with 25oz filling per inch square fiberfill.
Overall, this is a hypoallergenic mattress pad with a sturdy and durable construction. The cover is extremely durable and features a soft and breathable cover. It helps release any trapped heat preventing hot spots. The pad comes with a satisfaction guarantee for worry-free buying.
- Polyester and cotton backing for comfort
- Durable and sturdy
- Silent and will not disturb sleep
- Difficult to clean due to the huge size
3. Plush Durable Premium Hotel Quality Mattress Topper
This is a premium quality pillow top mattress with extreme softness, comfort, and durability. It is a new and improved pillow mattress with overfilled down alternative fiber. The topper makes a great choice to firm mattresses. It features 2-inch microfiber fillings giving users comfort and luxury sleeping. The construction of this pillow mattress features lightweight and breathable fabric materials. This is a hypoallergenic mattress pillow ideal for allergy sufferers.
The mattress pillow is pretty easy to use and comes with anchor bands for easy fitting and stitching. Overall, this is a pretty decent pillow top mattress to consider buying today. It is highly rated and comes with 10 years warranty.
- 2-inch microfiber fillings for comfort
- Anti-bacteria and hypoallergenic making it suitable for persons with allergy
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Breathable and does not have any chemical smell
- A bit hard to secure on thick mattresses
4. LUCID 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The LUCID is a leading brand pillow top mattress with excellent comfort features. It is a 4-inch thick mattress top with plush gel memory foam. The pillow feels pretty soft and easily conforms to your body for a comfortable sleep. This is a premium quality pillow that will cradle your body and leave you to feel extremely comfortable. It features the highest quality gel memory foam for excellent ventilation and good heat distribution.
Overall, this is a highly breathable mattress pillow that prevents hot or cold spots. The memory foam will evenly distribute weight and relieve pressure points. It is an excellent choice topper that comes with 3 years warranty for confidence buying.
- Even weight distribution to relieve pressure points
- Infused gel memory foam to capture and distribute heat
- Soft and conforming feel
- Ventilated for breathability and airflow
- Extra plush and not suitable for back sleepers
5. ViscoSoft 3-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
This is our last choice pillow top mattress with excellent features to help you sleep comfortably. It is an advanced design pillow mattress with gel-infused memory foam. This is an excellent choice mattress top to help prevent body aches. The mattress prevents the body from sinking with the 3-inch memory foam aligning to your body spine. This helps relieve pressure points on the body for a good sleep. It is an extensively tested mattress top with excellent reviews and recommendations. The top is highly breathable and allows for excellent air movement.
The mattress pillow comes with a removable and washable cover for easy maintenance an extended use. You also get 60 days money back guarantee for confidence buying. There is a further 3 years warranty for any defects.
- Removable and washable cover for easy maintenance
- Breathable to enhance airflow and reduce trapped heat
- Prevents body aches caused by sinking
- Reduces common pressure points
- Get a bit soft with use
Getting the best pillow top mattress can mean the difference between a good and a bad night sleep. Pillow top mattresses are gaining popularity, and it is time you considered getting one. While it is never easy identifying and buying the right pillow top mattress, we hope our comprehensive review helps.
The article above gives you the right information to make an informed decision. Make sure you take your time and choose a suitable pillow top mattress today. This is the only way to buy a quality pillow top mattress without having any regrets later on.